Wednesday 4 November 2009















"Standing back
"(lithograph)

Yesterday I took two framed prints into Edinburgh and left them for submission to the Christmas exhibition. Maybe one will be selected, maybe not, but it was a great thing to do. I wrote an up to date biography and statement to accompany the images. I had time to resume work on a litho stone - adding tone to a line drawing.

I was glad to get home and rest a bit after a long period of work.

Wool scarves in process

This week I completed an order for the woollen scarves and today I sent it off. Today another order came in. I am going to be busy again. I still have the wall hangings to complete.


To celebrate the end of a long period of work I today renewed a lapsed subscription to The List magazine, so that I know better what is going on in the cities.

Today I was in Edinburgh again. I bought a new box of watercolours from the Greyfriars Art Shop in Dundas Street. It is always interesting walking down that street because of the all the galleries there. I hankered after a new i-Pod Shuffle in HMV, Princes Street. Mine got damaged several weeks ago when a water bottle in my bag leaked. But I resisted the temptation.

This weekend I am going for a retreat in nearby centre in the mountains. I hope to get time to do some drawing and painting - hence purchase of new paints - as well as improve my tai chi skills. It feels odd to be taking time out at this time of the year, but that is just how it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment