Wednesday 24 February 2010

Places and spaces

I went to Edinburgh today, as usual I felt so relieved to be in the print workshop, where everyone is focussed and intent on what they are doing, and we are all on the "same page". It is quite difficult to keep that focus up in the usual day to day situations. It is easy to be pulled off course or distracted, it is easy to get exhausted.

I also enjoy glancing at the beautiful shops, and the treat of going into Pret A Manger for a miso soup and baguette.


Wor
king on the litho stone today, I realised how important the brain-sweating processes of recent weeks have been. Looking at the dimensions of Tschumi's thinking (as interpreted by me!) I can move between space, event, movement, and add on place and sensation as well. This is a kind of vocabulary which helps me translate my preoccupations, passions and particular experiences. I am thinking of a trip I made to Berlin 4 years ago in early March 2006.



No comments:

Post a Comment