Monday 22 March 2010

Watercolour painting











Now the weather is a bit milder there is opportunity to do some "sketching" in the form of small watercolours. I usually do this while sitting in my parked car in the middle of the "carse" or valley after a session in the workshop.
The valley is a wide space, several miles wide, and very flat. It is bordered by hills and mountains.












The light and sky changes co
nstantly, particularly at this time of year. The fields and trees are still brown and pale green, the hills move from deep blue to misty brown and green. I love to try and capture the moment in colours and shapes. This is a simple pleasure indeed, and very personal. I work rapidly with the brush, and the results are usually soft and subtle. It is the "yin" side of my character finding an expression, I like to think. Whatever it might be, and even if it is uncool, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment