Saturday 24 April 2010

James Shaw the tai chi equestrian

Audrey, James and Gillian (l-r) - out of focus but the best picture!

Last weekend down in beautiful Dumfries doing a workshop with James Shaw, the tai chi equestrian teacher from USA. Someone kindly lent me a pony so I was able to join in the riding part of the clinic. Halfway through my lesson the pony stopped to say an emphatic "hello" to a lady sitting among spectators.

I was thrilled to discover later that the lady was Audrey Townley, also a famous equestrian expert, who wrote a book called "The Natural Horse". When I started riding and being with horses nearly 20 years ago, this book had just been published, and was one of my first purchases. What a pleasure to meet Audrey and under such appropriate circumstances.






James teaching Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment