Monday 19 April 2010

Release and relief, getting rid of toxicity by working in a natural way with the dyes.


How strange. I have been working for months to get depth and "meaning" into my work, give it some strength and structure, and ended up in rather an arid place. I was not allowing very much "right brain" and sense of the physical into what I was doing.


This weekend I have been working with a a tai chi master both on foot and while riding a horse. Suddenly today I began to be more spontaneous, abandoning the silk screen (knowledge gained at great labour) for sponging over bits of paper and tape to give a shape, enjoying the mottled moving effect of sponge and brush rather than the flat screen. In the process a lot of bottled up feelings dissipated! I feel tired all over as well.

Today is the first time I have felt like writing the blog for a while. Picture to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment