Tuesday 20 July 2010

Big day out in Edinburgh




Pencil sketches of horse's head


Great
day in Edinburgh. But who would have thought it? I was not in the mood at first.
My first destination was the vet school up in the Meadows area. Lots of walking to get there, stop off at Edinburgh College of Art shop to get some pencils and other things, then arrived to a wonderful welcome at the vet school. By this time the sun was shining, and it was a change NOT to be headed to the print workshop for once.

My reason for being there was to study the skeleton of the horse, and I was lucky enough to be allowed access to the big room where, in the term time, the students do their dissection. Damien Hirst, hello! There were 3 horse skeletons to look at, I learnt a lot and the hours passed so quickly.

This evening I was booked into a course on Photoshop at the Stills photography gallery, also in Edinburgh. I felt more confident about this since the course I did last October. Tonight I made this composite layered image from the ready-mades they gave us, it is nothing special, but it is 3 layers combined and I am pleased to have achieved this. Though I like the drawing better.

Photoshop overlay!
Altogether one of those totally unexpected days of pleasure energy and relaxation that I sometimes find in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment