Sunday 28 July 2013

More thought processes

Original photo taken Newmarket September 2012


One of my colour studies - not sure why no feet

Trying to abstract a bit using monotone oil on board
Drawing again from memory - feet reappearing
Abstracting further and making a new picture - just the start here
Time looking at the top photo and one of my colour studies, which I was definitely not happy with.  Decided to work in mono colour, oil - ultramarine and sienna on board, making a kind of paint drawing.  Feel comfortable with this medium.  Difficult to abstract when something like a horse with all its subtleties is involved.  Relief to get beyond the study to the beginning of another kind of subject, focussing on the elements that interest me - blankets, railings, horse legs and shapes.  Way to go but feel I could take this somewhere.   And quite a surprise to look back at the original photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment